Thursday, February 25, 2010

Indoor Hopscotch


With the up coming winter storm, I was trying to think of ways that I could keep the boys moving and having fun inside. I saw this idea in a quilt book a couple of weeks ago. It is indoor hopscotch. I just took felt and cut out ovals/circles on brown to make it look like stones. We are rolling a hacky sack towards a stone and then jumping around the hacky sack. The book I saw the idea in had different ideas for blocks. Fun foam squares, flowers, lilly pads (then the kids could be frogs)whatever would work. I used felt because I knew that it wouldn't slide on carpet and I was unsure if fun foam would slide or not. We added the numbers with a permenate marker. I think I can also use these as ways for Garrett to learn his numbers. I can call out number "3" and he will have to go jump on it. I could also use these as a hide and seek game where the numbers are hiding and the boys have to find them , in order, or the number that I call out. Oh the possibilities! If you think of any fun things to do with this please let me know! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment