Thursday, September 1, 2011

Life with 2 boys in School

Okay, many people have asked what I would do while the boys were in school with all of my time. When asked this I have reassured them that I could easily fill the time.

So Monday - I got to straighten the house and get caught up on laundry from the crazy weekend. I got supplies returned from Horsetheif Parade float And oh yeah, I got to have breakfast with Gary and actually talk with him!

Tuesday - I took off for the Produce Auction to see if I could scoop up some produce deals! Jackpot - a bushel of peaches and a couple pecks of peppers! I ran a few errands while I was out.

Wednesday - Now here is what I will be doing for the next few weeks off and on - canning or freezing produce. It is that time of year and I enjoy seeing what we have raised and how I can save it for later this winter. Plus it always tastes so much better. So I canned most of the bushel of peaches, but I did make a batch of Peach Jam! It was so easy and delicious. I think I may make another batch for gifts for Christmas (an those will be done:)

Thursday - Sweet Corn. Cleaned, blanched, cut off the cob and put into the freezer. Also did a few things for Gary's birthday!

Anyhow so far this school year, I think I'm doing okay with being by myself - but I will admit - Boy is it quiet around here and that is with the radio on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment