Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all

Running just a bit behind, but that is what seems to happen around the holidays with family in for visits and final finish ups on gifts. But regardless of the time we'd like to wish you and yours a (belated) Merry Christmas and a very Healthy and Happy New Year. May you all be safe and the year 2012 be a blessing to you.

Now a few quick New Year's ideas. This year we are doing something a little different - we are joining my husband's family for First Night in Oil City. So instead of being here at home and lacking excitement we will be out and about. But even though we are going to be out, I have a few things that I'm taking with me to add to the fun evening, esp for the kids. First in my bag goes the glowsticks. What a perfect night for bright colors and safe fun. We might wear glowstick necklaces, or ankle bracelets, or hair decorations or just regular bracelets, but they will light up the night just a bit. Next into my bag is going the balloon blower and twisty balloons - these are great for making party hats that are unusual and a lot of fun. And finally there are the confetti poppers for each person to pull the string and pop confetti all over each other.

I was thinking about the plastic stemware, but I'm not sure how that will work out on the town. In the past years we have sometimes made it Game night to help keep us all awake until the ball falls. When we have the game night New Year's Eve we usually have snacks and music and all sorts of board games. But I also make a balloon bouquet that the boys can raise to the ceiling rather than drop to the ground.

Regardless of how or where you will be spending New Year's Eve I pray that it will be a safe night and a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment