Friday, January 17, 2014

Completed quilting projects

I have still been quilting this year, I have helped Andrew finish his quilt, I made a wall hanging for my in-law's 50th anniversary and then my mom and I worked on this special project. We were at a quilt show when she saw this piece of fabric with the "Cancer cannot..." sayings. After she picked it up, she then researched what the different colors of ribbons were for each different type of cancer.  She then found fabrics to go with those colors and started making the quilt blocks. She and I worked at laying them out before she sewed them together.  Once she had the quilt top sewn, then it came to my house. While at my house I hand quilted the design and at each intersection of the black borders, there is a cancer ribbon in different colors to correspond with the other colors in the fabric.  I also finished it up with the binding.  But as we were working on this quilt, we have had some very dear people battling cancer near us, some have won the battle while others have moved on to a better place.  But as we worked on this, we had time to think about, remember and pray for those people.  We have donated this quilt to a relay for life team so that they can raffle it off.  But I just wanted to share this quilt.


I also made a smaller wall hanging for my sister-in-law for Christmas and it turned out beautiful(my opinion) and I recently saw it in the room where she is planning on hanging it and I didn't realize that the background color is a perfect match.
 
So there are some of the projects that I've been working on this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment