Thursday, April 18, 2013

Slowing down?

Just when I thought things might slow down just a little bit - the weather turned NICE!! The Maple syrup is done and all the equipment is cleaned and put away. It was a long season this year as we had taps out for almost a month plus I was helped Andrew cook his down too. I cooked over 255 gallons of sap into syrup in my kitchen through March and part of April.

  Robert participated in 4-H in the Mall and received several scholarships for events.
And now we have had BEAUTIFUL weather! The sun has been shining and I should do some yard work. We had a tree cut down in the yard so that needed to be cleaned up. Gary is pruning apple trees (hopefully gets them done before the blossom) and that takes cleaning up. Plus it is now time to start the flower beds. Wait I got a new front porch this March, so there is some landscaping that needs down and extra parts and pieces still need cleaned up from that.
Do I ever get to quit cleaning up something???

Okay, I'm done now - just overwhelmed with "cleaning up"  The daffodils are wonderful this year! Make sure you take time and smell a few or cut a bouquet. Gary brought me in some just the other night:) One of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment