Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Becoming a United States Citizen

Robert has been working on our Family History for his 4-H project. This has already taken us to new places, but in one of the censuses he found that his great grandmother was not born in the United States. So we then talked about what an alien was and what they had to do to become a naturalized citizen. Well, Monday morning the TV station was interviewing some people who were becomeing citizens on the 4th of July. And they were giving  afew questions from the naturalization test. So out of curiousity, I went to find the test. It is 100 questions long, but includes, American government, American History & Geography. So I printed out a copy of the questions and answers and we had trivia time at breakfast just to see if we could become citizens, if we hadn't been born here. Gary & I did alright. But there is a lot of learning still going on in our house for the boys to make it;)

But here is the link http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/blinstst_new.htm  You have to scroll down a little for the test to begin, but give your crew a trivia test and see what they know!

1 comment:

  1. I've been here my whole life and I'm worried I wouldn't be able to pass the test, will have to hop over to your link and check it out! Thanks for sharing and linking up!

    fondly
    Pink and Green Mama
    MaryLea

    ReplyDelete