Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Last Day of School

Today is a big day here. The boys have been looking forward to this day for about a month now. They had a count down ice cream cone that they colored a scoop of ice cream each day. But today is it. The last day of school. That means I now have a 1st grader and a 6th grader living at my house. Wow- how did that happen? Time flies. But as we close another school year, we do celebrate a little as to what the kids have achieved this year. This includes pictures before leaving for school and pictures when they are coming home. (I have a love with crayola window crayons) I have decorated the doors with little signs that say "Home of a 1st and 6th grader" and "Welcome to Summer" The kids look forward to something special from Mom on the last day of school. I usually get them a little something to kick off the summer with. Sometimes it is a school practice book for during summer. Sometimes it is summer equipment like a kickball, bubbles, pool toys, whatever we might need in the next 3 months. I have hung a few colored pennants on the porch, just so they know that there is something to celebrate and be excited about. But I find this a great time to spend time with my boys. I know that summer will be over before I know it and we will be busy -( I've looked at the calendar) but I hope that I get to make a few great memories with the boys before they are off working a summer job or too busy with other things than to hang out with their mom. So here is to summer and time well spent with the boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment