Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Fruits?

Gary recently shared with me a discussion that he had with some friends that really got me to thinking. God has asked for our first fruits and it is to be a 10th. Now Gary and I have been trying to tithe and we have steadily increased our giving. But this discussion had a different way to tithe - we give our 10% from each paycheck that Gary receives and if I make some money we add that amount to the tithe. One man that Gary was talking to said that they give everything that they earn in the month of January, it is the 1st month. Hmmm... I hadn't thought about it that way before.

As we do each year, Gary and I will sit down to discuss our finances so that we both know where we are at and what plans we each have or goals for our money that we each have (he is a saver and I'm a spender so we tend to have different opinions.)  But this might be something to discuss with your spouse, what are we giving to God? He has given us SO much and he asks for so little. Trust me the rewards are outstanding.  Just try it start by increasing your giving to God by either a percent or by a certain amount of dollars each month. And remember you can't out give God.

No comments:

Post a Comment